Our Core Beliefs:
- First and foremost, Bell Financial believes in The Golden Rule; that we treat our group clients and their employees the way we would expect to be treated. We learned this as children from our parents and we believe it resonates as strongly today when applied in a business setting. We believe that mutual respect in all relationships must be the foundation upon which all relationships will grow and flourish. A bit simplistic and naïve? We don’t think so.
- We believe in a Win-Win-Win philosophy: everyone benefits when the client, the advisor and the supplier (or insurer) enter into a relationship where needs and expectations are met on all sides. Adversarial relationships (I win; you lose) rarely succeed in the long run. We will advocate on our clients’ behalf to form successful, long-term relationships with our suppliers. When issues arise to threaten the equilibrium, we will mediate to find a solution to restore balance. If a solution cannot be found, we will broker a new relationship with a supplier that will once again achieve our goal of win-win-win.
- We believe that an educated client is an empowered client. We take the time to explain how employee benefits and group retirement plans are priced, both at plan inception and each year at the annual review. Although we always ensure that employer costs are minimized, we review the value added services that make up the total offering so clients fully understand what they are paying for. Costs cannot be properly evaluated without an appreciation of the benefits provided for dollars spent.
- We believe in the strength of The Benefits Alliance Group to offer our clients unique and competitive products and services. As a member of Canada's leading national alliance of independent employee benefits advisors, Bell Financial can leverage the size and strength of The Benefits Alliance Group to reduce the total cost of benefits plans and enhance employers’ total offering to staff.
- We believe that experience matters. Although our group is small, our employee benefits and group retirement advisors have a combined 60+ years of experience and our support staff can boast of over 70 years’ experience collectively. And, having worked both on the supplier’s side and the advisor’s side, we can act more effectively to broker successful relationships between our clients and our service providers.